Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is 'Fractional Domaining' In Your Vocabulary Yet?

If the term "Fractional Domaining" is not in your vocabulary yet, consider adding it now, as we are all going to be hearing about it a lot more in the weeks, months, and years ahead! I have been using "Fractional Domaining" on my blog since November as a general term to define and describe the practice of buying, selling, owning, developing, and/or monetizing fractional domains... and I am now starting to see the term used elsewhere.

Steve Morales of SimplyGeo.com used the term in a blog posting yesterday in which he spoke of "Big Announcements To Come". "Fractional domaining is something that has started to evolve and alot of major media groups are willing to partner with the right name," Steve wrote. Might the "big announcements" he mentioned involve fractional domaining in the geodomain industry? That's my guess, but if I am wrong, I do not think it will be long before we hear more about "GeoFractional Domaining" -- or should I say, "Fractional GeoDomaining" ? (BTW, I have not met Steve yet, but I have been superbly impressed by his efforts to support the GeoDomaining industry through his and Skip Hoagland's development of the SimplyGeo network... Steve's blog is a "must-read" for domainers.)

I am going to continue to be on the lookout for references made to "fractional domaining", "fractional domainers", and other terms relevant to the fractional domaining industry. If you notice any mentions, please comment and share the URL(s). Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home