Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A New Challenge: Deciding To Sell Your Domains Whole Or Fractionally

It is interesting how once you start looking at things differently, that perspective begins to permeate your thinking... The idea of Fractional Domaining comes to my mind often now when I contemplate topics involving domain names, and it adds to the possibilities when trying to decide what to do with some of my domains. Actually, it can pose quite a challenge...

Just today, for instance, I learned that Moniker will be holding an online auction at the iDate Internet Dating Conference in Miami, Jan. 31 - Feb. 1, 2008. The deadline for submitting dating- and social networking-related domain names for consideration for inclusion in the auction is -- surprise -- today, so I quickly checked my domain portfolio for possible entries.

I found several that I felt I could offer:
  • OnlineDatingCenter.com

  • OnlineDatingPower.com

  • SocialNetworkingCenter.com

  • SpringWeek.com

  • Sweet16Central.com/SweetSixteenCentral.com

  • VideoSharingDirectory.com/Video-SharingDirectory.com
I contemplated submitting the names, even drafting an email to do so, and then I hesitated. "Should I sell the names entirely, or should I sell a fractional percentage of one or more of them?" I asked myself. Basically, the challenge is this: "Should I sell the 'cows' and be done with them, or should I sell fractional interests in them, get some upfront cash and still have opportunities to benefit from the 'milk'?" And if I sell fractional interests in them, how should the deals be arranged and structured? How do I assure that I find good partners?

Fractional Domaining is so relatively new that I and many other domainers have lots of questions about it. What is the best way for a potential seller to proceed? Currently, there are no ideal venues that I am aware of to assist with fractional domain transactions.

So, considering my interest in exploring and facilitating the world of Fractional Domaining, I have decided I am going to further contemplate and seek fractional possibilities for my dating- and social networking-related domains (and other domains). And, I will set-up a web site soon to enable opportunities for fractional domaining to be publicized. Stay tuned! Your comments are welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home